Monday 29 June 2015

How To Make A Smart Shirt Casual

Back in January I had enterprise day which was held at the local football stadium, St James' Park. And we had to dress appropriate for a business conference, basically life skills and practice for interviews etc.

So, I bought a whole new smart outfit for the event, except I don't go to smart events very often so I suddenly realised, where am I going to wear this now?

Well, ladies and gentlemen, today is all about that! I have found away to make this smart chiffon shirt from New Look look perfectly casual! 

All photo credits go to Jess Davis.

Enjoy! There are a lot of photos again, see you at the end...









Good old Converse, perfect way to dress-down an outfit.



I love this, you can see all my highlights, eek! 







Sunglasses were £16 from Topshop for anyone who is interested!



The vest top that I have on underneath was around £2 from Primark so it really doesn't cost much to be able to dress this down! Plus, white vests are a staple in anyone's wardrobe anyway! 

The jeggings, unfortunately I'm not sure where they're from as I've had them a really long time and I'm actually really surprised they still fit! But any black or dark blue or any colour jeans or jeggings really will do you perfectly for this look! I have also worn my really light blue jeans with this so any colour will work! 

I'm sure there are so many other ways you could dress this down as well, let me know if you would have done something different! 

See you soon! 

Love, Becca
-xoxo


8 comments:

  1. Becca I'm loving the photos in this and your fashion posts overall! This is such a pretty blouse, I think you dressed it down really well.
    Dalal xx monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might have to do more fashion posts in the future! Thanks again! x

      Delete
  2. The perfect outfit to dress down something smart, this was really helpful for me since I got a lot of pretty blouses for sixth form and I was unsure how I could still incorporate them into my outfits!

    http://njcdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found this helpful! I will be going through the same struggles when I start sixth form in September!

      Delete
  3. I love this shirt so much!
    Ps Becca you're a very beautiful model and I want to take more photos of your face.

    Jess xo
    rosejess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Well I'd be happy to be your model again haha! x

      Delete
  4. The shirt and sunnies are gorgeous! I really love the background you shot these photos on too, you're so lucky to have a friend to help! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebekka! Yeah it's very handy, she's so talented as well which makes it even better! x

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC