Friday 19 June 2015

Maxi Dresses in Summer

Maxi dresses aren't really things I ever wear. I'm not really sure why, its just not something that I reach for in the shops very often. 

However, last year before I went on holiday I did purchase a very lightweight and colourful maxi dress from Primark. 

Admittedly, I haven't worn it any other times since my holiday but I do want to try! So here are a few photos of me in my maxi dress that will hopefully make not only me, but you as well, want to wear maxi dresses more this summer!

All photo credit for this post goes to Jess from Jessica Rose. She took me out and took photos and photos of me all day and so do prepare for a lot of photos in upcoming outfit posts because she took a lot! Please go and click the link on her name and go to her blog because I love her very much and I would appreciate it a lot! 

Also, I apologise in advance because there are going to be A LOT of photos in outfit posts for a while because Jess took so many and she's such a good photographer I literally love the majority! 

























You've reached the end of the photos! 

This is definitely not a dress I would have picked out myself, but my mum made me try it on when I was looking last year and I instantly fell in love with it as soon as I put it on! 

I think the monochrome pattern in the background of all the colour really helps the bright colours to properly stand out. I also really like the shapes on the dress, it's quite random which I think is really nice and gives it a bit of a retro twist.

It came with the brown leather belt that I am wearing with it as well. I put it on a bit wonky here, but you can see it goes around the waist where the material is actually ruched in anyway, so it really shows your figure.

I wasn't sure about the fact that it was strapless and very light material as I was worried it might fall down, however it has elastic at the top which means that it really won't fall down, unless you were to yank on it of course! But other than that, any amount of jumping I would imagine should be fine with this.

I put on my JuJu Jellies for this, typically on holiday and in the hot summer days I wouldn't wear these. Mainly because you're feet get really hot in them! I would recommend something more like flip flops or sandals with a dress like this!

And finally, my sunglasses which are from TopShop and were £16 I think. These I wear with everything at the moment. I always get black sunglasses because I think they are so easy to wear with anything!

I hope you enjoyed this outfit post as I don't do them very often! I also hope you didn't mind the huge amount of photos here! But I am becoming very photo obsessed, especially when Jess takes my photos!

See you soon! 

Love, Becca
-xoxo

19 comments:

  1. That dress is gorgeous, you really suit it! Hopefully Primani has some similar items this summer bc I'd love to get one like this! I live in maxi dresses and skirts in summer aha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekka! Gosh I know, I'm definitely starting to enjoy maxi outfits much more! :) x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post, Becca! I love reading outfit posts and this dress is absolutely gorgeous. Love the photography too! X

    http://niaelinormair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nia, glad you liked it! I have Jess to thank for the photography though! x

      Delete
  3. You look extremely good when you're wearing colour! The pictures are stunning as well, great post
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is gorgeous on you and it's so perfect for summer!
    XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is so pretty and really suits you!!! Im jealous now... Btw great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nidhi! Glad you liked the post! X

      Delete
  6. I hardly ever wear maxi dresses, like never. You really suit this one Becca and I love the pattern xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! You should wear them more often, you looked stunning in your prom dress! Xx

      Delete
  7. Love this post Becca πŸŒΈπŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, thanks for being photographer too! Xx

      Delete
  8. You look beautiful in all of these pictures! This maxi dress suits you really well, I love the retro feel to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site. wholesale children's boutique clothing suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  10. A low profile slipover will makes the upper portion of your body look longer so you should look for a maxi that will make length on the two parts. On the off chance that you have a bigger bust select a domain midsection to emphasize your bends. puff shoulder belted blouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. . While individuals are turning out to be progressively mindful of the genuine expenses of dispensable styles, and accordingly are changing the manners in which they approach and devour design, the interest for attire will keep on developing with the developing populaces and working on expectations for everyday comforts. This requirement for development moves us to imagine a superior style future. The debacle in Bangladesh focuses on the requirement for change in the Fashion Industry. Dress creation ought to never be a destructive business. Style, and design creation, essentially can not remain how it is currently. Linen fashion

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC