Wednesday 1 July 2015

Double Denim

A little notice just before I start the post! I know my schedule says there will be a new review every Wednesday, but I have decided to do reviews less frequently. I'm not sure how often I will do them yet but I will let you know when I decide! Enjoy the post!

Double denim? 

I wear it all the time! There's nothing wrong with a bit of double denim. Yes, you have to be careful, but there's nothing wrong with it! 

In this post, I took my denim shirt and my denim jacket which are both quite light, washed out denim, and I paired them with my black/very dark blue jeggings. 

All photo credits go to Jess Davis.

Enjoy looking at how you could try some double denim! 



















So, with a denim shirt I think going with a white vest top underneath and leaving it undone is your best bet. I hardly ever wear mine done up, I think it looks so much nicer loose with something underneath it. This of course could be any colour top you want! 

I also put my JuJu Jellies on with the rolled up jeggings for this look, So simple but it can look so pretty. I often also wear my JuJus with frilly socks which also looks super cute and stops the draft from getting at your feet.

Wack a nice watch or some bracelets on, get a pair of sunglasses on your head ready for the sun coming out and you're sorted! Double denim is better than single denim!

A backpack also looks really good with denim shirts. I believe mine is actually a men's one by Firetrap, but who says us girls can't buy men's stuff?

In the bottom photo you can also see I changed into grey Converse. I thought this looked nice because I had my grey bag as well so it all tied in together really!













Denim jackets are pretty much the same, except they give you a little more warmth than a shirt would! This one is from Primark and it is lined with a fleecy material which is really nice and cosy. 

It was actually freezing down by the sea and the river taking these photos but this jacket kept me nice and warm! 

I also think denim jackets look a bit more rustic than denim shirts do, the way this one is a bit washed out is really nice I think and it gives such a nice rustic effect that the denim shirt doesn't quite give.

Another post full to the brim of photos! 

I hope you enjoyed it! 

Love, Becca
-xoxo


16 comments:

  1. I'm always too skeptical when wearing double denim, I feel like it can look a bit OTT but you seem to pull it off really well!
    Dalal xx monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dalal! I just try not to think too much about it! x

      Delete
  2. I love the way you wore that double denim! I love to wear it sometimes too but I personally only like it if it's very different shades of denim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I find it works best with completely different shades or exactly the same shade! x

      Delete
  3. I think wearing 2 completely different shades of denim is a really great look. Great post Becca, with lots of great photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie - glad you liked the post! x

      Delete
  4. I always have differing opinions on double denim but I really like the way you styled it, the difference in the denim ensures it doesn't clash too much. I have to agree, denim shirts that are open and loose look so much better!

    http://njcdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with everything you just said! Glad you liked the post! :) x

      Delete
  5. You rock the double denim look, also I love your sunglasses! I wish I could pull off cateye sunglasses but I just look like an alien in them x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Libby! I'm sure you don't look like an alien but everyone has their sunglasses preferences! x

      Delete
  6. You have such a pretty smile! :) Nice outfit!

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Lidia

    www.lidiasbag.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one rocks double demin as well as you!

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC