Sunday 2 August 2015

My Guilty Pleasure...

One word, 5 letters...

SHOES

That's all there is to say really, and I have a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! I never actually realised how many pairs of shoes I have until I came to writing this post, I definitely don't need them all, but I have them so it's fine! 

As you will notice as you go through the post, some shoes are much more, lets say loved than others and therefore are looking a little bit worse for wear. But they're too comfy to get rid of and I'm a bit of a shoe hoarder... See my problem?

I really do need a clear out but who has time for that? I never know when I might need a certain pair of shoes so I can't get rid of any! I'd want them back if I did! 

Now, there are 27 pairs of shoes in this post so I have the feeling it's going to be quite long... 27!? I will be so proud if anyone makes it all the way to the end of this because I love shoes and I could talk about them all day! Also, I'm a UK size 6 if anyone is interested, not that I know what difference it would make knowing my shoe size but hey ho!

I'm going to try to put them into categories as best I can so we'll see how long that lasts...

Enjoy looking through my endless shoe collection!

Boots

I bought these back in September when I went to Edinburgh with my friends. They are from Primark and I believe they were about £15 if I remember rightly. These are SO comfy and really, really warm. I wore them all the way through autumn and winter and they still look pretty much pristine! Considering they're from Primark and that they were so cheap I think they've really done well! 

The first pair of loved shoes... These were also from Primark quite a while ago and I think they were about £8. I call these my pixie boots, not too sure why but that's what I call them. They have quite a few holes in now and could definitely do with going in the bin but I think for how cheap they were they did serve me really well. I wore them for school quite a few times as well as wearing them casually outside of school.

I received these for Christmas last year and I absolutely love them. They're from River Island and they are super warm and cosy! They did really well in the cooler months and they went really well with jeans in my opinion. I always wear these with fluffy socks too because it just adds to the effect of the warmth when its cold!

I've had these fake UGGs for about 2 years now I think, they are from the TU clothing section in Sainsbury's I believe, and again they were a gift so I am unsure of the price. Another super cosy pair of boots perfect for the winter months as long as it's not raining or snowing because they'll get ruined! 

Casual Shoes/Trainers

As you may or may not be able to see, the left shoe has a hole in the toe... Another pair of very well loved shoes here. These are Adiddas if anyone was unaware. I think these were around the £40 mark, but I can't be sure because these were also a gift a couple of years ago. These also need to go in the bin but I love them so much and these are one of those pairs of shoes that mold to your feet and they get to a point where they are so comfy they're like slippers. I can't bare to part with them! Although they are now looking a bit sorry for themselves, I have worn these for school many, many times and outside of school as well so they have done really well.

This is a par of Vans, I know it's quite hard to see the labels on the shoes in these photos, sorry! Now again you can see there are holes in the toes of both of these shoes! I think this is a common fault with Vans because I have seen many people with this same problem. These have also been really comfy and have served me for both school and social events, however it didn't really take too long before the holes appeared. I have loved these shoes but I don't think I will buy another pair of Vans for a while because of this fault with the holes. Again, not sure about the price because they were bought for me but I think they are around the £40 mark again, so I would expect the material to be better quality.

My friends very kindly all came together to buy me these New Balance for my 15th birthday last year which was so lovely of them, so thanks again guys a year and a half later, I'm still loving them! I think these are so comfy and really easy to just slip on with most things. They have quite a thick sole which makes them quite bouncy which is nice to walk in. I also really like the colours, the baby pink goes so well wth the grey. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with these shoes since I got them so well done New Balance!

You can't beat the trusty grey Converse. I've had these for maybe 3-4 years now and they're still going strong! No holes or anything! They do look a little dirty but I think Converse look better when they're dirty rather than completely pristine, just my opinion though. These have also molded to my feet which makes them super comfy to wear and they are so versatile so I can wear them with pretty much anything! I think these were probably around the £40 mark again, and I think they're really good value for money considering how long I've had them!

This is the newest addition to my shoe collection and I think they are the prettiest things ever! These were £15 from H&M or around that price I think. My mum bought me them for starting sixth form, except I wore them the other day to start breaking them in a little bit and they gave me 4 killer blisters! And they're still healing! I love these though so I think I'm just going to have to wear my invisible socks with them until the backs have softened a little bit because they currently slice through my skin like a knife! 

I have had these brogues for probably going on about 5 years now, but honestly I haven't worn them that many times which is why they're in such good condition after so long! I just forgot that I had them really, at the moment I'm also not too sure how I would style these but I'm sure I'll find a way! It was such a long time ago now but I think these were probably about £15 as they were from New Look.

I used to be completely obsessed with these about 3 years ago and I bugged my mum so much and she actually really struggled to get them in my size! For anyone who may not know what style these are, they are the Nike Blazers in pink and grey and I still think they're super pretty. They're also really comfy and they're served me really well. I've never really had any problems with Nike shoes so I would definitely recommend trying them out. Nike blazers also come in the low form but at the time I really liked the high tops and these are actually the only high top trainers I own!

These are also Nike and I believe these are the Zoom Structure, but I could be wrong. I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to proper trainers. I went to a proper running shop to get these as I was recommended by my podiatrist (foot doctor) because I over pronate when I walk - which basically means I roll my feet in over when I walk and stand. And these trainers have built in support on the insides to stop that from happening. They are so comfy and great to exercise in. I wear these whenever I go to the gym or do any exercise and they have been great so far! I believe these were around £70.

These are Toms in case you can't see the logo. They're actually only a 5 so they're a size too small but I did get given them a really long time ago! My friend's mum actually gave me these so I'm not sure abut the price but I'd guess around £30. I used to wear these quite a lot around the garden and a couple of times down to the beach but now it's a bit of a squeeze so I tend not to wear them anymore. But they're still really nice shoes and I would recommend them if you're looking for a very light pair of canvas shoes.

I just think these are adorable. I bought these from Primark years ago so they probably didn't cost me much more than £5. These are starting to get a little snug on my toes so I can't wear them for hours but I can wear them for quite a while. I think the bows on the front and the T-bar is so cute and the colour is so pretty too. I've worn these quite a few times as well and they don't look too bad either! Go Primark!

A pair of shoes that are about a year old and have never been worn! These are just a plain navy/grey pair of Slazenger plimsoles. My mum bought me them for karate training in the winter when it was cooler in the hall but I never ended up using them and I quit karate about a year ago! I'm sure these will come in handy at some point though! 

Ahh, the creepers... I think it was 2, maybe 1 and a half years ago when creepers where "the big thing" and of course, I had to be in on the bandwagon because I'm so up to date like that - not. I actually still really like the way these look, they just make me a lot taller and I'm already quite tall, so there's a slight disadvantage there. I believe these were from Barratts so they were probably about £20 there or there abouts. They're still so comfy! 


Sandals and Summer Shoes


I'm going to shove these 2 pairs of sandals together because they're exactly the same just a different colour! You may have already seen these in one of my summer clothing hauls but I'm going to talk about them more now that I've worn them a few times! These were £7.99 each I believe from New Look and so far I'm loving them! They're really comfy and really simple but not boring simple, so they can go with anything and don't ever look like too much. They seem to be serving me really well so far and for that price I can't really complain! 

These are also from New Look but I got these quite a while ago. These actually used to have an ankle strap like the sandals above but one of them broke so I cut them off both and use them as flip flops instead! I believe these were probably about £15 when I got them. It's like a white leather twisted in with a white rope - it's difficult to see on the photo, I know - but it looks so pretty and I really didn't want to throw them out, so I just changed them a bit! 

And a pair of sandals from somewhere other than New Look! I bought these ones from Primark a few years ago. I haven't really worn them very much because the straps are really loose and my feet slide around in them too much which I don't like. However, having said this I really like the colour and other than the fact they're a bit loose, they're really comfy. So I guess it just depends if you're easily frustrated like me or not! 


Again, going to group these 2 pairs of flip flops together because they're exactly the same just different colours! I bought these from Primark a few weeks ago as you may have seen in one of my hauls because they were only £1 and I just needed a cheap pair of flip flops for the summer, and I ended up with 2! These have been so comfy so far and I think the colours are really pretty too which makes me happy.

High Heels

Heels are the most exciting part! This is the first pair of heels I ever bought, so they're quite special to me. God, how sad do I sound? Anyway, I bought these 3 years ago for a friend's 13th birthday and they're still going strong! Not that I wear heels very often mind. These are from Matalan but I honestly can't remember the price for the life of me. They aren't too high, they're at quite a comfortable height and I just think they're really cute. I wore them for a job interview recently so they're party wear and professional wear! What more can you want!?

These were one of my more spontaneous buys when I went to my first ever after Christmas sales 2 years ago... I saw them and thought they were really cute and of course I couldn't leave them behind. They were probably around £10 in the sales. I do still really like them and the lace up adds a nice effect. Don't wear these out in the rain though because they are suede! 
These are the heels I bought for my first prom when I was in year 8 so I was 13. I absolutely love the colour and they're surprisingly comfortable for heels! They are at a comfortable height and I much prefer wedges to stilettos for walking in so that's probably why! I wore them with a white dress and my bag and flower crown were the same colour as these shoes so it all tied in pretty well! I have since worn them to a wedding and a christening so they have been quite handy to have for adding a bit of colour to an outfit.
And these are my favourite shoes out of all of them... You may recognise these from my prom post this year because these are the shoes I got for my prom that I just had last month. They are from New Look and I think they were £29.99 or somewhere around that mark. Totally contradicting myself from what I said before about preferring wedges to stilettos, well who could say no to these!? I did struggle to walk mind, and you can ask anyone who saw me walking out of the venue that night, my feet died. I don't regret it though because my legs looked amazing in them and I just love them a lot and they will forever be my favourites.

And that's all the shoes in my collection! Well done if you managed to get through all of that! It's probably one of my longest posts but I really like shoes so it was destined to be a long one! 

I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless! 

How many pairs of shoes do you have?

Love, Becca
-xoxo






11 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly how many pairs of shoes I have because I lost count! I love shoes as well :) Nice post!

    beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes always make you feel better, I have way too many though!!

      Delete
  2. I never really used to be that passionate about shoes but this past year I have come to love them so much! I thought the first pair of shoes were Timberlands, they look so comfy and pretty! Also I adore your New Balances, I was tempted to buy a pair the other day because I needed new trainers, but I was told to buy some other shoes because I already have New Balances (how comfortable are they though!?) But I'm thinking if I ever get a job I'm going to try and buy another pair of NB because the pair I saw were so charming. They were kind of ugly but you know when something is so ugly they're cute? Also I haven't stopped thinking about them, which is a sign. Also I love your blue heels, I love them all to be honest! I am very impressed by your shoe collection!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look very like Timberlands - why I bought them haha! And they are super comfy!! I love my NB, they're so comfy though I don't wear them as much as I'd like to! I say go for it when you have the money, you can never have too many pairs of shoes, hence my ever growing collection... X

      Delete
  3. Wooooow Becca you do have a lot of shoes!! I love the creepers and the adidas.

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok how beautiful are those new balance, I am nothing but jealous!

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those timberlands looked like a complete steal! I loved the new look beige plimsol "doll like" shoes (that was an AWFUL description but hey ho!)! I loved this post, its such a cute idea and the photos were so so good! Loved this post, as always!
    Daisy xx
    www.daisysteenbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a complete steal!! Thanks Daisy!! X

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC