Wednesday 9 September 2015

*Review | Hippie Chic Sunglasses

Hello lovelies! 

Sixth form is very hectic as I'm sure many of you who are in the same position as me will agree. I've already dropped down from 4 subjects to 3 and I haven't even done a full week yet! But, I've done all my work for tonight so I thought I'd sit down and write a new post for you! 

I was given the opportunity to choose anything from the Hippie Chic website to review, and so I went for the pair of sunglasses I'm going to discuss in this post. These are the Maggie - Ladies Tortoise Shell and Gold Cat Eye Sunglasses (everything is linked for you). I picked these because they stood out to me as soon as I saw them on the screen in front of me. If you are a regular reader here, you may have seen that this summer I discovered I suit the cat eye shaped sunglasses. This is now my second pair of sunnies this shape and I'm loving them! 






Of course, being in the UK, I haven't had many opportunities to wear these but I have tested them out and had them on when I've been sat in the garden on the odd occasion where the sun has come out! So I think I can produce a decent review for you now! 

The shape is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think it is a shape that suits everyone, but if you can pull this off it looks amazing. It's really flattering to the face and, well, they just look fab in my opinion! 

I really love the gold hardware on these, because there isn't a lot, I think that the little bit that there is really stands out and looks really sleek and effective. Just adds something a little bit extra to the pretty tortoise shell pattern.

I've actually never had a pair of tortoise shell sunglasses before, and I was going to get some a while ago but being the boring person I am, I got the black pair instead. However, when I saw these I just had to go for it and I don't regret it one bit! I think it's a little bit more interesting than just plain ones and I also think the pattern and colour of them goes really nicely with a tan. Or in my case, a fading tan *cries*. 

For £13, I think these sunglasses are 110% worth the money and completely affordable. I spent the last 5 years of my life buying Primark sunglasses and Primark sunglasses only. There's nothing wrong with Primark's sunglasses style wise, but because they are so cheap I find they fall apart quite easily and I found myself replacing them a lot. However, I would buy Primark sunglasses as a last resort for something. But other than that I think spending those extra few pounds on a pair of sunglasses really pays off in the long run because I honestly think this particular pair feel like they are going to last me a really long time. 

I don't know about anyone else, but my sunglasses often spend more time on my head than they do on my eyes... However, let me tell you, these sunglasses aren't only fabulous for the sun, but they also make a great hairband!

Hippie Chic have a small range of sunglasses and they also have a really big jewelery range so make sure you go and check that out because everything is super cute and super affordable! Happy shopping!

I hope you enjoyed this review and I will see you very soon!

Do you have a favourite pair of sunglasses?

Love, Becca
-xoxo

12 comments:

  1. These sunglasses look lovely. I really like the shape of them!

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sunglasses are absolutely beautiful, and the packaging is to die for! I loved this post, and I'm definately going to check out their website! It's so cute! Loved it as usual Becca 💕xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute I have to agree! Thanks Daisy! Xxx

      Delete
  3. These are sooo beautiful, this is the shape I have looked everywhere for such a shame it's not hot enough to use these. Loved the review, can't wait to read your next post.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know k wish we had the weather! Topshop has some nice ones in, thanks Olivia!

      Delete
  4. Loving the shape of these sunnies, to bad it's no longer summer :( I really like tortoise shell more than just plain black as it's just more warmer and not as harsh!
    Dalal x
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dalal! You're totally right, so much lighter on the face x

      Delete
  5. I bet these look so good on you, they're so pretty as well!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this style of sunglasses, I have the same problem though, my collection of sunglasses is so big but the opportunities to wear them in the UK are so rare! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the downsides of living in the UK! xx

      Delete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC